superdry.com take your privacy very seriously and treat all your personal information as confidential. To find out more please click on the links to the left.
information about us
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is SuperGroup Internet Limited (we, our, us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 07139044. Our registered office is at Unit 60, The Runnings, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL51 9NW.
superdry.com is an online trading entity of SuperGroup Internet Limited, which is itself a trading company of SuperGroup Plc, (these companies, together with C-Retail Limited (Trading as Cult Retail); DKH Retail Limited (Trading as Laundry Athletics); Supergroup Retail Ireland Limited; Supergroup Concessions Limited and SuperGroup International Limited comprise the “Group”).
When setting up an account, you will be asked to provide us with your name, billing address and delivery address details, your email address, telephone number and a password. We will also require your credit/debit card details, when you are placing an order.
When commenting on our blog, you will be asked to provide your name and email address. We may also collect any information (e.g. your age) that you publish on our blog.
We may also collect information about you such as your name, address and contact details where you enter a competition or prize-draw we are operating.
We may obtain information about your usage of our site to help us develop and improve it further.
what do we use your information for?
We use your information for the following purposes:
- We might target Superdry banners and ads to you when you are on other websites. We do this by sharing your email address with a variety of carefully selected social media platforms and third party partners. We use advertising technologies including: beacons; pixels; ad tags; cookies; and unique identifiers to target banners and ads to you. These banners and ads may be based on the content you have read and the products you have viewed online, or messaging and ads that you may have previously clicked on
- To serve website content to you
- To handle orders, deliver products, process payments and refunds and provide statements
- To communicate with you about your orders
- To update our records and generally maintain your account with us
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and your contact details
- For our statistical or survey purposes to improve our site and blog and our services to you.
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our site and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- To contact you by email, post, or telephone, to ask you for feedback and comments on our services
- If you consent, to notify you by email of Group products, promotions, competitions and special offers that may be of interest to you.
- Provide our blog to you and other users and to allow you to use and comment on our blog.
- For our statistical, survey and customer service purposes to improve our site and blog and our services to you and other customers.
disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information to members of our Group for the purposes listed above.
We will not disclose your information to any third party outside of the Group except under the following limited circumstances.
We may disclose your personal information to carefully selected service providers and agents who operate elements of our web site service and process data on our behalf. These may include businesses who provide technology services such as hosting for our servers and email distribution and business partners who provide delivery fulfilment services.
From time to time we may also provide your information to social media platforms, carefully selected third parties and customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes, so that we can monitor and improve the services, products and marketing communications. These third parties may help us or complete research and insight on our behalf.
Where such disclosures are made, this will be under contractual arrangements with us and carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop the website and our services and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual
In assessing your request for goods or services, we may use your information for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud.
We may also disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries and affiliated companies and any successors in title to our business.
We do not hold your credit card details. Financial transactions take place directly and securely with our payment handling provider.
If you believe your details are incorrect you can amend your details by logging onto your ‘My Account’ on our site.
direct marketing and newsletter
protecting your information
Our site uses up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software. Further information on our security practices can be found by clicking on the following link: information page.
We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our site.
access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
third party services
We may from time to time make available through our site certain services provided by third parties. To gain access to these services, you must register with these third parties and deal with them direct. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
To make changes easier to follow, we’ve summerised below the key points:
- We want to make it easier to share new products, promotions and brand content. We might do this by targeting Superdry banners and ads to you when you are on other websites.
- We want to understand you better, so that we can improve our services, products and marketing communications. From time to time we may provide your information to social media platforms, carefully selected third parties and customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes.
- We want to delight our followers which means some offers, promotions and events may be exclusive to email subscribers.