Zero Effort Party Looks for Last Minute Nights
12th September 2017
Looking party ready at all times is way easier than you think. It’s about keeping things laid back and just seeing where the night takes you.
Waking up to a ceiling you don’t recognise. Going on an adventure cross country. Or just discovering a wild spot in your local town centre you hadn’t visited before. These are all the traits of a night well spent.
Wherever the party takes you – you’ll wanna look good. And so here are three party outfit ideas for 24/7 style:
The catch up drink that turns into a club night
The best nights start with laughs over a single bottle of cider because we just can’t stay too long and before we know it we’re requesting the next track the DJ plays and hailing a taxi at 4am. Got suspicions this just might happen, next time you’ve booked a date to see an old mate? Here’s what to wear:
- T-shirt dress – This understated style piece can be dressed up or down. Roll up the sleeves when things get steamy on the dance floor.
- Heeled ankle boots – Giving you some height so the barman can see you and enough comfort to make that walk into town easy, ankle boots are the perfect choice – when you want to be night out ready at all times.
- Leather jacket – The perfect transitional jacket – carry one of these bad boys with you wherever you go. Drape over your shoulders for a high fashion vibe – and to make your friends envious when you’re waiting outside in the cold to get in a club.
- Flannel shirt – You won’t even need a jacket with the thick material of a lumberjack shirt. Opt for check print for smart/casual vibes.
- Slim jeans – Look good wherever the night takes you, in easy to wear blue jeans. Darker styles are best.
- Brogue boots – Don’t let that big bouncer get in your way. These boots work for daytime drinks and will get you into the club later.
The birthday meal that just keeps going
The drinks are flowing, the tables reserved – why stop now? That birthday girl or boy deserves a good time and you want to be there to make sure that happens. If that birthday meal has the potential to turn into a wild night, then here are some simple outfit ideas when going out:
Cami – Looks good at dinner. Looks good on the dance floor.
Skinny jeans – These work for pretty much any situation you find yourself in. Black skinnies are a very strong choice.
Suede boots – Transitional shoes for the win. Suede boots are dressy enough to carry on after dinner but still kinda casual too.
Polo shirt – Easy dinner-to-bar style is on the menu. A print adds a little interest.
Jeans – Lean towards a slim fit, you can’t go wrong.
Boots – Ideal for autumn, good for the bars too. Opt for a chunkier hiking style boot for a strong masculine vibe. Chunky soles and lace ups add a tough edge to any look.
The gathering that turns into a house party
Pizza nights with a couple of drinks are the ideal starting point for a wild house party – ft. beer pong, shots and inviting your crush and their mates round later. Prep for the inevitable – with a look that can quickly transition from lounge to life of the party.
- Preppy knit jumper – Steal the show with a v-knit jumper, a varsity cheerleader would definitely be seen in. Strong embroidery and striped details give that cool American college vibe.
- Skater dress – It’ll look like a skirt under the jumper. Wear it on its own later when the house starts to heat up.
- Trainers – Wondering what shoes to wear with a skater dress? Has to be bright white trainers. Add some ankle socks and you’re nailing those athleisure vibes.
- Grandad shirt – Comfy, plus it shows off all the hard work you did on shoulder day.
- Joggers – Avoid baggier styles, look for joggers that blur that trouser/activewear line and in darker shades – black or navy are a good call.
- Trainers – Finish off with a good looking pair of running shoes. Ideal if you want to walk home later to save on a taxi too.