Why You Still Need a Bomber Jacket
27th November 2017
Bomber jackets aren’t going anywhere – and to be honest, why would you want them to? It’s a piece of outerwear that works whatever.
Why are bomber jackets so popular?
- Big night planned? A bomber jacket will keep you warm – when you’re stuck waiting for your mates outside the takeaway.
- Last minute after work drinks? Bomber + workwear = an easy smart/casual look.
- Date night? The military vibes of a bomber give you a confidence boost.
- Club queue? Your bomber looks good and stops you from freezing when the bouncer is being fussy.
- Winter wedding? You can brave the cold and look the part – even when the photographer wants you outside for photos.
The list goes on – but let’s break it down some more:
The best features of a bomber jacket
Guy or girl, here are some reasons why we love a bomber:
- Lightweight – Great for layering in the winter months, with a hoodie and an oversized scarf.
- Dress up or down – Bomber jackets work for every occasion – over a dress for easy going out vibes for girls or with jeans a plain tee for casual looks for guys.
- Strong collars – Bombers feat. shearling collars or structured designs are the best choice. Turn the collar up for bonus style points – or if you’ve left your scarf at home
- Embellishment – Carry on the military vibes with a bomber that features old school patches and slogans. The bigger the better. You can even add these embellishments yourself – get the iron out and pick up some patches from a site like etsy.
- Sporty military – The only jacket that falls into both military and athleisure trends – bombers remind us of aviator styles but also look great with trackies or yoga leggings and a fitted sports top.
- Versatile colours – Khaki, black, tan, navy…these colours aren’t boring – they mean your bomber goes with whatever you’re gonna be wearing that day.
- More material – Bombers aren’t limited to just one type of material – you can get wool, velvet, denim, faux fur, suede, leather and everything in between in this style to match your look.
Bomber jacket Insta inspo
Still wondering why the bomber jacket is so damn popular? Check out how people are styling them this season for some inspiration:
Liv – the gorgeous face behind liv in fashion – styles her Cocoon Jacket with a baker boy hat, breton stripe tee and turned up blue jeans for easy winter style. Her flatforms are an awesome finishing touch – throwing back to 90s platform styles.
We’re loving the effortlessly pulled together style here, as the beautiful Beatriz styles our Sherpa Girlfriend Jacket with black jeans and a plain top.
Accents all round
The red accents on Kellie’s shoes pull this whole look together. Our Everest Ella Bomber Jacket does all the talking when paired with easy to throw on black jeans and a black t-shirt.
Looking bomb everyday
Daniel took our Rookie Winter Aviator Jacket and dressed it with a classic plain white t-shirt, blue skinny jeans and white trainers for an effortless look that works for everything. The shearling collar adds some interest and for colder days you could easily add an oversized scarf to keep warm.
Travel in style
Joshua knows that our Rookie Winter Aviator bomber jacket is the best travel partner this season. We’re loving the matching knitwear and contrasting grey rucksack in this look.
The perfect look for chill days with mates, Green pairs a pastel hoodie with our Rookie Duty Bomber for easy winter style. Dark jeans and trainers finish off the look.
Feeling inspired? Get what makes a bomber jacket so popular? Grab one and you’re sorted for the season ahead – check out our men and women’s ranges here on the site. Share your looks with us on the #mysuperdry hashtag on Instagram.