Style ammo – What to wear with a camo jacket
9th March 2018
A camo print jacket should be the main weapon in your arsenal – when it comes to style this season. It’s on trend, looks incred with your entire wardrobe and the print features on everything from parkas to military jackets.
Looking for inspo when it comes to styling one of these bad boys? Here you go –
How to style a camo print jacket
Camo works with anything but here are a few themes to work around –
Pretty in punk
We’re loving grunge looks this season – inspired by old school rebel girls like Gwen Stefani, Winona Ryder, Courtney Love and Drew Barrymore. These ladies knew how to work a strong print – so make like them with a camo military jacket worn over a loose fit t-shirt, ripped jeans and a plaid shirt tied round the waist. Leave hair messy and don’t forget the eyeliner.
Athleisure meets military
Looking to dress up your gym kit? A camo print jacket is the perfect addition to a matching tracksuit look. Pair our SD Sport Colour Block Joggers with the SD Sport Colour Block Zip Hoodie on top – finish with a rookie camo print jacket and pull that hood out over the collar to add some interest with layers.
Avoid a basic look by mixing camo print with a textured material – like faux fur, shearling or crushed velvet. We love the idea of taking a pair of leather look jeans and working these with crisp white kicks, a baggy band t-shirt and an oversized jacket – our Rookie Oversized Jacket is the right one for the job with a baggier look and rebellious personalised vibes.
Pyjamas and a red lip
Evening plans? Keep things simple with a slip dress – we’re loving the pyjama vibe at the min, with lace detail and satin material – worn under a camo print military jacket. Dress things up with a red lip, oversized earrings and barely there heels.
Keep it uniform
Camo print + camo print = true new season style. Don’t be afraid to embrace the print from top-to-toe. Our Utility Crop Jacket worn over a plain black tee and Acid Dungaree Shorts makes for the perfect spring/summer look. Push it that one step further with a Camo Trucker Cap on top. You definitely won’t blend in.
What trousers to wear with a camo jacket
You do you when it comes to your look – but check out these suggestions if you’re done with the usual skinny jeans.
- Flares – Take inspiration from the 70s, with fit and flare trousers that work with heeled boots, a slogan tee and a camo print jacket draped on top. We’re loving brighter colours when it comes to this style – think yellow, orange or in your face pink.
- Joggers – Slim fit, cuffed joggers are ideal weekend attire. Wear a navy pair with low trainers, an oversized shirt and with a Rookie military jacket with the sleeves rolled up. The perfect coffee shop catch up look for the weekend.
- Dungarees – Okay, they’re not really trousers but once you find the right pair you won’t go back to jeans. Boyfriend dungarees with a bit of room in the leg look great with a lightweight camo print jacket and striped tee underneath.
What to look for in a camo jacket
- Strong print – Defined lines and contrasting colours are a must to make that camo print pop.
- Colour – You can be as bold or traditional as you like – embrace brown and khaki reminiscent of military wear or opt for greys and blacks for a more subtle look.
- Distinctive cut – Bombers and military jackets are the best for camo print. Epaulette details, gold buttons and embroidered patches create a look that will get you noticed.
- Shacket material – Camo print works best for lightweight jackets, choose a thinner material that reminds you of a thick shirt.
Ready to stand out in camo? Adopt some of these looks and don’t forget to share your Superdry pieces with us on Insta using #MySuperdry.