Swim shorts for men – the holiday style lowdown
25th May 2017
Ibiza, Budapest, Kavos, Zante – where the party happens doesn’t matter but your style needs to be on point wherever you land.
Even if your holiday daytime plans involve sleeping off the night before poolside and chatting up the best looking holiday rep, you’re going to want to be in the know of men’s swimwear styles. You’ve done the hard work in the gym – so it’s good to know which swim shorts are going to impress.
Check out our quick guide below and get clued up:
Get on board
- What are they? Board shorts are basically longer length men’s swim shorts, featuring strong printed designs and colour – think bold and bright palm trees, floral designs and beach scenes.
- When to wear them: Best for chilling around the pool bar for midday drinks – with a lightweight vest.
Board shorts are bossing it when it comes to poolside style this year. They’re also great for when you spontaneously rent a jet ski or while outdoing your mates while doing back flips off a sea inflatable. Board shorts with a mesh lining are best – no need to wear boxers underneath.
- What are they? Water polo shorts are definitely on trend swim shorts for men in SS17 and sit mid thigh.
- When to wear them: These short shorts styles are gaining in popularity and are ideal for around the pool or when you fancy chilling on an inflatable to cool off.
Ideal if you like to tan, we recommend opting for a pair with pockets to keep your phone and room key on you – ready for when you need to make a dash to the bar. Just try to remember that they’re in there when you decide to jump in the pool to cool off. Not ideal.
Leave black and blue behind – a brighter colour is recommended for this men’s swimwear style – a bold green or a strong red will help you stand out amongst your mates.
- What are they? You know where you stand with a standard pair of swim shorts. Finishing just above the knee, elasticated waistband, mesh insert – no messing.
- When to wear it: Poolside, the beach, with a shirt for that all inclusive buffet breakfast…
Add a pair of thongs and shades for easy poolside style, then throw on a plain t-shirt and slip-ons to see you through to dinner. These all rounders won’t let you down – plus their streamlined fit will give you an advantage in those pool races, to see who gets the next round of drinks in.
Feeling inspired? Then click here to check out our range of beachwear for men.