Sarah Barlow from Look Magazine Talks Festival Essentials
15th March 2016
“Another summer, another Glastonbury. Whilst my boyfriend Christopher was a Glasto-virgin, after seven visits to Worthy Farm I think of myself as somewhat of a veteran. However, I learnt a few essential Glastonbury lessons:
1. If you’re going to plaster yourself in glittery temporary tattoos make sure you don’t leave them on for five days running or you will end up with a body full of bizarrely shaped sun tan lines come Monday.
2. No matter where you’ve camped, the walk back from Shangri-La at 5am will always seem like a million miles away. Take a pit-stop for a portion of churros en-route to make the trek that little more bearable.
3. Whether you rise at 7 or 11, there will always be a queue for the Breakfast Club food van. So just take your time (and another hour or two in bed!)
4. Don’t forget to check social media to find out who the TBA/ secret guest appearances are: we discovered last minute through Twitter that The Libertines we’re taking Florence’s original scheduled spot, and they ended up being one of our favourite performances of the week.
5. Whatever the weather forecast always bring two different types of festival footwear. Thankfully, the sun made another appearance on Sunday afternoon so off came our wellies and on came our Superdry sneakers again. Phew!
6. Hula-hooping in the healing fields is and will always be the best hangover cure, ever!
Now all that’s left to learn is how to beat the post-Glastonbury blues; My body ached, my mind ached, but the biggest ache of all is the realisation it’s all over… until next time anyway!”
We can’t wait for this year’s Glasto, we’re planning our festival style already!