City Break with your mates
15th July 2017
Planning a last minute tour of one of Europe’s biggest party cities? You need to look the part. That means packing the carry on with the right amount of clothes to skip the airline charges and still boss all day and all night style.
Still debating on what to take or even where to go? (Nothing like leaving it till the last minute). Then here’s our guide on the top three hottest weekend destinations to book in 2017 and the city break outfits you need to throw in that case too:
The nightlife in Riga could put Ibiza to shame, with plenty of clubs and bars to check out until the early hours
- Skyline bar – if you and the boys are feeling a bit fancy, check out the Skyline bar. It’s €3 to get in – which is probably still cheaper than that club with the sticky floors in your local town centre – but you can try out cocktails and view the city below.
- B Bar – this is the place to go to try out the local spirit, Riga Black Balsam. The taste isn’t exactly great but with 90% alcohol content it’ll definitely start the party.
- Big Bad Bagels – grab your breakfast here to soak up the night before. Fresh bagels full with great fillings. Can’t go wrong.
Riga’s a pretty cultured location – so when it comes to your city break wardrobe it’s time to take your everyday casual ensembles and dress them up a bit for the evening.
We’re not talking tux and tie but a classic plain t-shirt and dark jeans will do the job. Throw on a Harrington jacket to smarten things up (our Moleskin style is a good choice) – plus it’ll keep you warm when you leave the club in the early hours as Riga doesn’t boast the hottest of climates. Slip some brogue shoes in the case to finish off.
The party starts once you get on the Eurostar – as you head towards the city of lights with those plans for a huge weekend. Amidst the coffee shops and high end fashion there’s a world of cheeky bars, hidden clubs and party venues to check out on that city break.
- Glass – Head into the back streets of the city and drop into Glass, where you can drink and dance until 5am.
- Candelaria – you’ll have to look hard for the back door to this bar but once you’re in you’ll never want to leave.
- Hutch – get a hotdog down you before a night out in the bars, this place is the best spot to pick up dinner for under €7 in Paris. Bargain.
It’s Paris – so you need to look good right? The French capital is like London when it comes to temperature – so you’ll be fine with a smart pair of jeans, lightweight shirt (roll the sleeves up though) and a denim jacket thrown on top for the evening and travelling. Leather fashion trainers should get you in everywhere.
With bars that open all night long – you’ll be sad to go home. Trek up to Sunny Beach and you’ll find plenty of sand to spend the day on, topping up your tan ready for the night ahead.
- Cash Club – this beach bar is a hotspot for enjoying RnB tunes and chilling before heading to one of the big nightclubs when the night starts to warm up.
- Dance Center Mania – this huge club features table dancers and a huge dance floor and a well stocked bar. You won’t need to go anywhere else once you’re in.
- Jupiter Steak House – Meat = good. Portion size = good. Sorted. The best place for fueling before the party starts.
A good-looking pair of boardshorts will see you through from the morning to staying up all night on your city break in Bulgaria. Even if you decide to check out the historical sites in Nessebar in the day you’ll still get away with that swimwear that could pass for shorts and a printed t-shirt once you leave the hotel to check out the clubs.
Apps to see you through
One up your mates and party like a local – with these top apps to download and whip out on your city break.
- Skyscanner – for the best deals on flights and hotels.
- Untappd – find the nearest beers and breweries in the city you’re in.
- Google translate – so you don’t order anything dodgy on the menu.
- Splittr – have a cheeky mate who never gets a round in? Keep tabs on who’s paid for what at dinner and drinks during your trip, with this app.
Looking for more inspo when it comes to city break outfit ideas? Then hit up our holiday shop to see the latest styles.